ANNOUNCEMENTS

I am sorry to announce that I have made a decision to officially close Cypsis' Blog.

All the reviews stay up as they are, but I will not write more reviews. Cypsis' Blog had many ups-and-downs during those 7 years and I have tried to give the best I could, but unfortunately my life has moved on so much that finding time for reviewing has become more and more difficult. Closing the blog is breaking my heart, but I have thought a lot about it and understood that it is for the best. I am very thankful to everybody who have enjoyed reading my reviews.
(PS. I am still continuing to watch Asian dramas and you can always find me on Mydramalist.com)

Thank you for all these 7 years. I hope that those 240 reviews made you happy. I truly had unforgettable time writing them!

Sincerely, Cypsis
01.01.2018

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Billionaire (2011)


Also known as: Top Secret
Country: Thailand
Format: movie
Genre: true life events
Cast: Pachara Chirativat, Walanlak Kumsuwan, Somboonsuk Niyomsiri, 
Synopsis: The movie tells the success story of Aitthipat Kulapongvanich (Tob) who became one of the youngest billionaires in Thailand after dropping out of university and failing several businesses.
Rating: 5/5
If this movie does not make you get up from your bed and work for your success then I do not know what would. It is one of the most inspiring movies I have seen and to think, that it is the actual story of Tob's life, it is insane. Of course, there are some things added to the movie to make it more interesting for viewers.


Tob had good skills to make money since he was young. At first he was earning money from playing online video games, but as his family's financial situation became worse, he decided to earn more money by opening a business. This it the point that even in current society a lot of people frown upon - should the youth at that age study or work? I would say it really depends on the person, because of course not all of us have a good sense in business and some of us just want different things that means more studying (for example medical stuff, lawyers, police etc). It is not right to say what other person should do in this kind of situation. So the story goes on with Tob trying the best he can and stand up after every fall. I guess in the end I can just say that "the master has failed more times than the beginner has tried", the trick is about never giving up.  Pachara's acting in this movie is priceless. All the emotions are on spot and he is able to transfer all the emotions to you.
One big part of the movie is also about parents who do not want to worry their child. Again, situation that is so common and so full of contradictions. I also grew up in a family where my parents did not want me to worry about money and always said that my job is to study, yet that did not make my worries disappear, especially when I knew that they are spending a huge amount of money on my education. For me it became natural to start working on school holidays since I was 15. The other side of it all is that even now "money" is taboo topic that is usually avoided in talks with family and even friends.

I guess Uncle was my favorite character from the movie, because he stuck with Tob in every situation, but I really do not have enough words to describe him. He is old and lonely and that is one of the reasons he is with Tob, as also for the boy he is the only relative in the country. There is this mutual thing for them both, because totally alone they would not survive. 


 Lin is Tob's girlfriend though I am not sure if this part was also based on real-life story or not. With her there are also a lot of thoughts that are being born in my mind. With being just teenager, it can be sometimes difficult to understand and support somebody who is totally different from others. This is exactly what happens to Lin as she wants to try her best to support Tob, but at the same time the situation is too much for her to handle at that time. This reminds me that there are many people who are willing to stand by your side when you are rich and famous, but there are just few who stand next you on the road from the mud to the stars. This is exactly the difference that comes with Lin and Uncle. Yet, I cannot blame Lin for her actions and decisions, because she just could not do it. Though I bet there were a lot of regrets later..

 Extra information, by now the real-life Tob actually owns a bachelor degree in business administration from University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and you can find his company's products all over Asia and also in United States (at least San Francisco should have them). He also has an official Facebook account, but of course it is mostly in Thai. In the end of the movie, he actually makes the cameo in the bank-scene. I can say that he is one fine looking gentleman and this movie was a great advertisement for the company :P
I have tried this kind of seaweed only once in my life, but I can say that it is delicious!
If you are feeling down and need some inspiration to start working, then this is definitely the movie for you.
Here is the official trailer from GTHchannel on Youtube. Gives me chills every time I watch it,


No comments:

Post a Comment